Uh RINGWORM! how do you treat it?

ok so I work with animals and just friday I noticed a red round spot on my arm, didn't think much of it thought maybe it was a burn from cooking or the wood stove well yesterdeay adn today it has developed a flaky center. I'm 100% sure this is ringworm considering we had a dog 2-4 weeks ago at work that had it. My question is, how do you treat it in people? is there over the counter meds or do I have to go to the dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• that lotrimin fungus crap for like 3-4 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, the anti-fungal cream will work. Cover it with a bandage while it's being treated.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have found that using rubbing alchohol and bandaids can help. fungal cream works as well.
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 9:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Buy antifungal cream and be really careful because it can spread to other spots on your body or to other people.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Go to the Dr
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2010