Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uh RINGWORM! how do you treat it?

ok so I work with animals and just friday I noticed a red round spot on my arm, didn't think much of it thought maybe it was a burn from cooking or the wood stove well yesterdeay adn today it has developed a flaky center. I'm 100% sure this is ringworm considering we had a dog 2-4 weeks ago at work that had it. My question is, how do you treat it in people? is there over the counter meds or do I have to go to the dr?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

Answers (5)
  • that lotrimin fungus crap for like 3-4 weeks

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • Yes, the anti-fungal cream will work. Cover it with a bandage while it's being treated.

    Answer by Pnukey at 9:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • I have found that using rubbing alchohol and bandaids can help. fungal cream works as well.

    Answer by MakG at 9:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • Buy antifungal cream and be really careful because it can spread to other spots on your body or to other people.

    Answer by KTMOM at 10:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • Go to the Dr

    Answer by sstepph at 10:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.