broken homes and homelessness

My friend has communication problems with her Mom. Not only that she hates her Moms husband and that her Mom not only doesn't see what her daughter sees in the guy, but she's forcing her daughter to "help herself" which makes her not want to help herself. (She's bipolar) She's always talking down to my friend. The issue is also that my friend's mom got her to the place she is now: homeless. But she needs a place to stay and even though the mom says that she's offered, she said "she didn't know she was homeless". My friend feels like she can't go to her Moms yet she has no where else to go. What should my friend and her Mom do?

soulmeetsbody19

Asked by soulmeetsbody19 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with suggesting getting some professional help. I too have family members who are bipolar...I am the momma of one as well. I is NO fun for anyone.

Will be sending healing thoughts their way.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 2:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Bi-polar disorder is very difficult to deal with both for the person who has it but also for those around them. Sounds like the mom is on burn out. NAMI is a great organization that helps both the mentally ill and their families and friends. I would encourage ALL 3 OF YOU seek out your local chapter and call for information/group mtgs/workshops.

I don't have bi-polar, but my DH, xDH, DD, brother and mother all have it. GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My husband and my sister have it so I know very well how it goes down. I can't unfortunately go with her because I live an hour and a half away and I'm currently attending school. I would have picked her up tonight but a) I have school early tomorrow, b)I'm pregnant and VERY tired, c)I don't have her number or any means to reach her at this time of night oh and d)no gas money with less of a quarter to get me through as long as I can with it. It's a sticky sitaution. Her mom thinks I'm against her when that's not the point. I am just asking her to call her daughter to come over tonight. Regardless if she's "tired out"; it's her daughter.
    soulmeetsbody19

Comment by soulmeetsbody19 (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The problem here is---- there are 3 sides, to every story...

Thiers / HIS

HERS

and
    the truth somewhere in the middle.

This is a hard situation, try and help your friend, but do your best.....

To also protect yourself and your family...

.Since you have not spoken to the family, and heard thier side.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2010