baby shaking her head back and forth while sleeping?

My baby girl is 4 months old and for the past few weeks mostly while fast asleep my baby shakes her left left and right really vigorously for a few seconds then stops. She does it on and off a few times through out the night. She does is occasionally while awake but thinks it is funny. She has been sleeping through the night since she was born and hardly ever cries. I was worried because someone at work mentioned warning signs for autism?? Then I started thinking it could be an ear infection or fluid in her ears making her uncomfortable?? I have a doctors appt this week but has anyone else experienced this????

sheena.bo.beana

Asked by sheena.bo.beana at 1:34 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 4 month old does that too and its usually gas..but he does when hes awake as well while playing..hes rubbed his hair off on the sides lol It wouldnt hurt to ask the doc though
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If she's only doing it while asleep, and only for a few seconds, she's most likely just dreaming. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010