I had a dream about my dead sister. :( adult content

My little sister committed suicide just 3 1/2 weeks ago. I was feeling a little better all last week, wasn't crying as much or thinking of her as much, but then I had a dream last night. I woke up feeling unsettled and upset, and it's really worrying me. I thought I would talk about the key points of the dream and see what all of you thought. I don't know what to make of it.

It starts out that I'm driving home late at night to my parent's house. I park in front and start walking to the front door. Before I get there a furry animal with a long tail scurries past and scares me really bad. Suddenly my sister Tiffany is next to me and she laughs that she just scared me, which makes me think she is the animal. Then we're inside and in a room with my grandparents. It's time to go to bed, but my grandma is trying to comfort me about my sister passing. She tells me to open Ephriam of my scriptures. I tell her I can't, CONT. incomment

pixiestix21

Asked by pixiestix21 at 3:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I tell her I can't, because I'm talking to Tiffany. She tries to ignore what I said, and I tell her I know she must think I'm crazy. She doesn't say anything, so I say I have to go. I follow Tiffany out of the room. I ask Tiffany if she meant to do it (meaning meant to kill herself) and she sighs and says "yes". I ask her what it was like to die, and she tried to answer me but no words are coming out when she's speaking. I just hear the word "heart attack" or something like that. It seems like we talk for a long time more, but I can't remember the rest of it. In the dream, her teeth look old and discolored, and he long hair looks ragged.

I feel terrible about this dream. What could it mean?
    pixiestix21

Comment by pixiestix21 (original poster) at 3:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sorry I have no Clue on what to tell you about the dream... But i hope you all the best and that I hope some one can help you figure out what it means!! and maybe you might have another one that will help figure it out for you! or something! sorry I'm not to much help!
    good luck!
    TJ89

Answer by TJ89 at 3:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• probably you miss her , so you keep think about her -or- u just thinked abt her during that day befor going to bed , so you saw her in your dream
    in addition to me, that dream is not different than reality , your sis cuicide - that act shoked you and scared you ( same as the animal on ur dream which is was sis in fact ) the attitude of ur grandma is the situ after that u just said that you stoped cryin or u'r not much cryin as before
    hope evrything gonna be ok for you
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:44 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm really sorry about your loss. I think you miss your sister and it's going to be hard for awhile, some times with grief we think we are getting better then it hits us again that we are still really sad.

Maybe your dream is telling you that you should talk to your sister, even if she can't answer you back. Try keeping a journal, praying, or just talking to her about what you've been going through.  It's hard when we lose people because life goes on around us but we need to stop and spend time mourning the people we miss. 

Take care, I'm truly sorry for your loss. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had a friend commit suicide and I would dream of him a lot and ask some of the same questions. Except I was asking Why? I say do what your Grandmother said. I think you miss her too and you may find some peace or answers there. I am sorry for your loss.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 5:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Your mind is trying to help you move on by dreaming of her answering your questions, and then dreaming she is old, like she had not cut her life short. You will probably dream like this many more times, until you have really gotten past it. Im so sorry for your loss
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it. I still don't know what to think about the dream, hopefully it will just stop bothering me. I wish I would have had a peaceful dream of her.
    pixiestix21

Comment by pixiestix21 (original poster) at 6:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think you were really with her spirit. My mom says that after someone dies, their soul remains attached to the body for 3 days, after this time they move along to the astral world where souls & spirits go after they die. BUT, after some time...the souls begin to recognize their karma on earth & can go say their "goodbyes" before they move on to their next life. She also says that this happens usually 2-3 weeks after they die. I know i sound nuts. We're Hindu, this is what she was told by an old Hindu monk when one of her best friends died. My mom kept saying "I feel her, she is here" she said the same thing when her mom died. I remember when my g-ma died, my mom was miserable but then one day kept saying "she is here, my mother is here". Later that night, we went to a meditation group & one of the monks there actually told my mom, that her mother was there by her side meditating all night. It was a creepy moment.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:01 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't know what your dream means, but i think your sister was coming to see you. Maybe I'm nuts....but maybe i'm not.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I am really sorry to hear about your sister. I had a bad run in with dreams when my cousin passed from a car accident in 99.. it was always the same dream and I would have it every night! Except mine was a little more graphic and upsetting and was causing issues sleeping. I wish I could tell you what these things mean, but I have yet to figure it out. I just think that it's our brain wanting to hold onto a part of them somehow, so we create these dreams as a way to see them again, even if they arent the best dreams ever. I was on a sleep aid for quite a while because of the way my dreams affected my sleep. If you wanted to go that route, you could always talk to your doc.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2010