when did your baby sit up

my daughter is 7months old and is unable to sit up. she just started rolling around freely on her own and is getting quite comfortable with tummy time by herself. should i be concerned that she isn't sitting up yet?

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 3:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby is only four months and she cant sit up yet but when she is laying down she tries really hard to pull herself up and really strains her neck trying to sit up! I asked my doctor and she said that between 6-9 months is average but every baby is different
    sheena.bo.beana

Answer by sheena.bo.beana at 4:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My son started sitting up at six months. He doesn't pull himself to a sitting position - I don't think any babies do that for awhile. We started by propping him up to a sitting position as well as taking him to Gymboree classes and he watched a lot of other babies sit up too. (Not sure if that had anything to do with it though!) But I wouldn't worry, all babies do things in their own time. At least yours is rolling. My son really only sits :-) I'm waiting for the crawling to start --- and even rolling. He rolls over in his crib but the rest of the time hates being on his stomach!
    ryansmom2010

Answer by ryansmom2010 at 5:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My son sat with the boppy behind him at 5 months and then by 6 months he was sitting all by himself. he is now 7 months and cant get into the sitting position from laying down.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• At 5 months she was able to sit with support and has it masttered by 6 months. Now shes about to be 7 months and is almost crawling on her own!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• my son is 3 months and 1 week old, and if you sit him with a boppy or a blanket around him he will stay seated. but he can't pul himself up from layout down, only roll around occasionally if he really wants to.
    addix2

Answer by addix2 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010