how much time do you spend...

taking your small kids outside for playtime a week?

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 3:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• at least an hour a day, usually more. She is 3.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 4:01 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Never enough. =( I try to get him out at least once a day for an hour or more. On rainy days we go to a local mall that's very slow where he can pretty much run freely, or we go to indoor play places.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• From the time my oldest son was born I would take him outside for 15-30mins at a time on nice days. Now that he is 3 I try allow him to spend as much time as possible usually about an hr or two. I have been told that the more you expose them the less likely the are to deveople allergies.
    MommaHartley73

Answer by MommaHartley73 at 5:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• depends how involved I am in their playtime. If they doing something solo or with other kids, it gets boring for me quick and we're not there too long (less than an hour). I try to spend an hour if I can. Otherwise we go on a nature walk or a park and kick the soccer ball...something that's fun for me too. No fun to just sit and watch someone else have fun. :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• well when the weather is better i try to do it at least once a week but she goes everyday with th her daycare so the weekend day i am with her or when i pick her up but now that its getting cold we don't go out. but we go to the stores.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• in warm weather... 2 hours a day. In cold weather.... 30-45 minutes a day! Theya re 1,3,4 and my 7 year old is outside t school, and after school for about an hour a day
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Not much.  My 4yo plays outside when her older siblings are around (ie not in school).  She tags along with them.  It's the rainy season now so it's too cold and wet to go outside.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Every day it is not pouring, or freezing. I love getting them out for fresh air and exercise.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010