anyone have good recipe for....

soups? i've recently decided to eat more homemade soups and i'm in serious need of recipes. please offer some up!! thanks

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 3:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I boil 2 liters of salt water and plunges the florets of broccoli and potato cuted into cubes. When a knife goes through a bunch, I mix.
    I add the cheese, almonds, salt, pepper, nutmeg. I bring to boil and serve hot, adding a little oil before serving
    mix all with robot and add spices and flavour that u want ;) enjoy
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• here are ingredients :
    600 g broccoli 150 g cream cheese 3 tbsp almond powder 1 Bintje potatoes salt pepper 3 pinches nutmeg 1 tablespoon of olive oil , eat what u could loll and put the rest in freez for other days
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:26 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• peel the turnips. I cut them into pieces.
    melt butter in large saucepan. Add the turnips, and fry for few minutes in butter. the chicken stock on the turnips. I peel the potatoes and I put it in the pan with the thyme, bay leaf and a little pepper. I let it cook gently for 20-30 minutes. When the turnips and potatoes are cooked, I remove the bay leaf and thyme and I pass the soup in the blender. I taste to check seasoning and I serve hot.
    Ingrts: 1 potato 800 g turnips 1 liter chicken stock 1 sprig thyme 1 / 2 bay leaf 2 pinches of salt 2 grinds peppercorns 1 knob of butter
    Listen
    Read phonetically
    Dictionary - View detailed dictionary (of course the Qnty is deend on persons ) enjoyyyyyyyy
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• taco soup, sausage chili are what I make the most. Just ms. me if you might want the recipe.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Cheeseburger Soup
    1/2-1 pound of ground beef
    1 onion, diced
    2 carrots, diced
    2 stalks celery, diced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (optional)
    3-4 cups chicken or beef broth
    2-3 potatoes, peeled and diced
    1 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1 teaspoon minced parsley
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 Tablespoons butter
    1/4 cup flour
    1 1/2 cups milk
    8 ounces American cheese, cubed
    1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
    Brown the ground beef. Add the onion and cook until soft. Drain any fat off. Add the carrots, celery, and garlic and cook about 5-10 minutes, then add the broth, potatoes, and seasonings. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes or so. Timing's not essential as long as the vegetables are cooked!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• continued:
    Make a white sauce. Melt the butter, slowly add the flour, stirring constantly and cook 2 minutes over medium low heat. Slowly whisk in the milk, stirring constantly. Turn the heat up and simmer a few minutes until thick. Stir into the soup. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Just before serving, stir in the sour cream if using.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Chicken Noodle Soup

2 whole bone-in breasts or 3-4 thighs/legs (if you have any wings or backs-that adds good flavor)
    1 onion, peeled, but left whole
    2 carrots cut in half
    2 celery ribs cut in half
    2 bay leaves
    1 small onion, diced
    2 carrots, diced
    2 celery ribs, diced
    4-5 chicken bouillon cubes (or 2-3 teaspoons Better than Bouillon chicken base)
    4 oz. egg noodles (half an 8 oz. bag)
    Salt & pepper
    Lawrey’s seasoned salt
    ½ teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
    Celery salt
    Parsley
    Cover chicken pieces with water in a large soup kettle; bring to a boil along with onion, carrots and celery ribs and 2 bay leaves. Lower to a simmer, and continue cooking for at least a half hour. Remove chicken from broth; let sit till cool enough to handle. Strain broth to remove vegetables and bay leaf. Remove meat from bones, discard bones and strain broth. Sauté diced onions, celery and carrots. Add to broth.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• continued:
    Cover and simmer until veggies are soft. You may need to add a can or two of chicken broth. Add meat, egg noodles and seasonings. Simmer until noodles are soft, about 15 minutes.
    Notes: You can use a whole chicke
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Ham & Corn Chowder
    Ham bone
    3 cups water
    3-4 potatoes, peeled & diced
    2 Tablespoons butter
    1/2 cup diced onions
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    4 Tablespoons flour
    1/3 cup water
    2 cups milk or Half & half
    1 (12 oz) can whole kernel corn
    In large saucepan, place ham bone and water. Simmer gently about 45 minutes. Remove hambone to cool. Add diced potatoes to ham broth. Sauté onion in butter. Add to broth. Add seasonings. Cook till potatoes are tender. Remove ham from bone, cut in small dice and add. Make a paste of flour and 1/3 cup water. Add to mixture. Add milk or half & half, continue simmering while stirring occasionally until thickened. Add corn. Let heat through. Do not let boil.
    Notes: If you don't have ham bone, you can use 1-2 cups diced ham, in that case only use 2 cups water, and no need to simmer 45 minutes, just start cooking potatoes. This is also good using bacon that has been cooked a
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My family loves soups. I have lots of different recipes. Many of them came from Cooking 101 and Southern & Soul Food groups here on cafemom.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:34 AM on Nov. 8, 2010