would you feel upset??

ok so, i left ireland almost 4years ago and only been back once. i am the only one of my family here. i bought my sister and nephew tickets two years ago to come visit and gave my two aunts money, hoping they would use it to come visit. my sis and nephew came and we all had a good time, my aunts always said they would come but never did. so this year i met a wonderful man, fell in love got pregnant and married a few months ago. i didn't expect any of them to come to the weddin because it was such short notic and i wanted them to come for when the baby arrives instead.the baby is due the 12th of december. my sis said she and my nephew would come when the babies born and stay a few weeks. my aunt said she couldn't come cos all of a sudden she doesn't like to fly. a few weeks ago my aunt(who raised me) rings me to tell me shes going to oz to see her daugther. hmm, now she can fly to oz. fine whatever its her daughter. then my sis

otoole

Asked by otoole at 4:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• then my sis rings me today and says she doesn think she can c`ome now, cos all of a sudden my nephew doesn't want to go to america, hes 5years old, she already has the tickets booked. so she says she will come next year. i am totally upset and tell her not to bother at all if she can't come after saying all this time she would be here for me when the baby comes. then she changes the subject and says, our cousine (the aunts daugther) has asked her to go to thailand with her in april and shes going to go and how excited she is. she knows how upset iwas about how my aunt went about everything, now shes doing the same. and my cousin wont come cos shes to busy traveling everyother part of the world. wouldn't you feel really hurt??
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 4:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i think your familly prefer trips and traveling rather seen there familly new bb born , that's a good events that everyone want to selebrate , its a welkome to a new one in familly , so dont get upset about that and next time dont pay tickets if thay want really come they'v to manage for tickets
    i would o everything to see my sis bb , if i dnt have enough money for ticket i'll sell one of my things and say that's a gift for a baby born welkoming
    live your life and you'r doing well without there presence .
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:14 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thanks, my sis was all like that at the start, now its like she doesn care anymore. im trying not to let it upset me to much, as i have been here on my own just fine. it reminds me why i left in the first place. wouldn't mind i was planing on moving back at the start of next year. now i see why things happen for a reason, i met my husband for a reason, not to let me go back there and be disappointed. im so lucky to have him, hes the best thing that ever happend to me.
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 5:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• on the other hand the baby isnt going anywhere, but their trip could already be paid for and they could lose that money and points and whatever they've invested into it. I do agree with your point of view, but thats just something to consider. I feel your pain :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• the baby isn goin anywhere, but its the whole fact that she promised she would be here for when its born and to celebrate xmas with us, she kept saying how much she couldn't wait to be here and she hoped i wouldn't have the baby til she gets here and now shes turned around and saying all this crap??? did i miss something??
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 5:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would be pissed, and I would ignore them and send NO baby pics out of spite....sure, its childish, but it would make me feel better! Let them know in some way that they suck, could be my way, or you could just straight up tell them. Family is sooooo annoying sometimes...Im sorry girl, but I bet you will do a badass job without them. Dont let it get you down!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• well thats kinda upsetting and I understand you. But at least you see now how much they really care about you...
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had no family either after i delivered. I hae my DH's family at the time, but i was not close with them. They just saw me as the girl their son got pregnant. My family couldn't come down to see me. They're in Boston, I'm in Atlanta. It's not that far & they still wouldn't come. I remembered though, all i wanted was familiar faces & loved ones at that time. I felt so alone. My DH & i were not on good terms either. When they finally did meet my DD though, it was awesome. They all felt lilke crap that they missed so much. Try not to hold any resentment towards them. Even though you are hurt, they will come around. And they will love your child. People's lives get in the way all the time. Most people only think of themselves first & you cannot get upset about that, because that is just how most humans are.

Maybe you can write them a letter & express how they made you feel in a nice way.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• to me it sounds like they dont care at all --your wedding and when you give birth is one of the most importants days for us woman and for your family not wanted to share that with you its very upsetting but you know what atleast you have your hubby to be with you--i was alone with husband at dilivery too my family coundnt come because they didnt had a car they live in california and im staying in arizona..and my husband family lets just say we not close enough...
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 7:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• you know, I would be really upset especially that you left your aunts money to come visit. they are just showing you that they really don't care about you or maybe find out what is making them give you these lame excuses.they mambe upset about something. don't worry though, as long as you are happy with your BD and this new baby will really bring you so much joy you wont be bothered by their excuses.
    tozytindo

Answer by tozytindo at 7:26 AM on Nov. 8, 2010