Recycle toys....

Do you recycle your kids toys for the next one? My daughter doesn't play with alot of her toys so I'm thinking about hiding them and giving them to my son when he's ready for them. Think my daughter will notice or care if she hasn't seen the toy in her toy box and then it shows up again for her little brother?

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 5:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I actually discussed with ym daughter that we were going to put some toys away for her little sister and she understood. She was only 18 months old too. :)

Just tell her you need to make room for the new stuff she will be getting for the holidays! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i saved alot of my sons baby toys for the next one
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• depends on the kids. Mine a packrats. They don't want to give anything up but don't ever give it a thought unless you bring it up. In order to get rid of his old toys have to do it when he's at school or otherwise preoccupied. And he rarely if ever misses them even tho he insists he plays with them.

Problem being (in my case) once i gave those toys to the younger sibling the older one would want them back and not want to share. IN MY CASE :) I have recycled some, but most I have just donated or trashed. Some I kept for myself in my momento box if there's a specific memory attached to it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I tended to only keep the special ones in a box for maybe their children down the line. I hardly ever recycled for the next child and I had 1girl 1 boy at the time so I hardly ever recyled clothes either. I just threw the away if broken or I gave them away to Goodwill
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:12 AM on Nov. 8, 2010