Daylight Savings Time - How to bed/wake times

Hello,
My 9 month old son typically goes to bed at 7pm and wakes up between 6 - 6:30am. Last night I put him to bed at 7 and he woke up at 5. Any tips or suggestions for dealing with the time change? Thanks! - One very tired mom!

ryansmom2010

Asked by ryansmom2010 at 5:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• an hour isn't that major. He just go to bed gradually later each night until we adjust to it. Getting up at the same time, its just an hour earlier. Fine with me, 1 more hour of Me time ;)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Let him stay up an hour later, soon enough he will b needing that extra hour of sleep in the mornings, it certainly wasn't a womens decision to introduce day light savings.
    jogreen68

Answer by jogreen68 at 5:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I always have just changed the clock and never put any thought into it with my kids....When he woke upwas he screaming? If hes not upset I would leave him in until regular time.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Try to keep him up later. It shouldn't take long. Until then, take a nap when he does.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Put him to be at the normal time. He will get use to waking up later eventually.

Answer by louise2 at 6:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It takes a few days to adjust to the time change. I would stay with his usual bedtime. In a few days he'll be back to normal.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I guess we'll stick with our bedtime and see if he starts to gradually wake up later. I had read that the earlier the bedtime the later they sleep and I had found that to be true. Originally my son's bedtime was 8:45 and we slowly moved it up to 7 because he wouldn't sleep past 5. Ugh! Going down at 7 he had at least consistently gotten to 6/6:30 so hopefully soon he'll be back there. Unfortunately when he wakes he'll only play for about 10 minutes before he starts crying for us so that means mom's up at the crack of dawn too :-) And of course my son's not a napper :-)
    ryansmom2010

Comment by ryansmom2010 (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010