What do you think of this:

– In an effort to beat the "reefer madness" stigma of smoking weed, a Colorado company is making pot-infused soda for medical marijuana patients, writes David Teeghman at Discovery. Dixie Elixirs organic sodas look just about like anything else on the shelf, but deliver an added kick from "a carefully cultivated blend of the finest Sativa-dominant buds," the company says. They're available to anyone with a prescription.

http://www.newser.com/story/103390/marijuana-soda-on-the-market.html

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 7:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Okay, that's really weird.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It's a good idea in theory to make this just for medical purposes, but I think that every day users like my ex BIL who would literally die without pot would try to take advantage. Would all insurance companies cover this? I condone smoking pot for medical purposes only and not for recreation like my ex BIL smokes it.
    leomommy1325

Answer by leomommy1325 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If marijuana was discovered today, without all the stigma attached, it would be a pharmaceutical miracle. The pharmaceutical companies would be touting the drug of the century...and not in a 'cheech and chong' kind of way.

Marijuana isn't illegal because it gets people high. It's illegal because it would infringe on the profits of tobacco and pharma. There are many legal drugs on the market that make people just as high and have much worse side effects than a brownie binge. No, I've partaken, and not in a Bill Clinton kind of way, either.

I'm for sick people getting relief however they need.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Bacon soda..BARF sounds horrible
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• SweetLuci

Comment by SweetLuci (original poster) at 7:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• IDK sounds nasty to me...you'd think being for medical purposes they'd make it something other than soda..

I am ok with pot being legal for those with certain medical problems..but it should be kept from all others..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• *I've not partaken...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• What about good old fashioned pot brownies? Pot soda doesn't seem like it would taste all that great

but hey , they are coming out with a BACON soda too..

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Don't they make MJ pills? I know someone that died of cancer and he was on the mj pills in his last days. MJ was the only thing that took the edge off of his pain while allowing him to stay coherent to spend the last days of his life with his loved ones. Morphine would have taken that away from him (would have kept him out of pain, but it was his personal choice to have those last moments).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• They make bacon chocolate. It's not as horrible as it sounds. Kind of interesting, but not something I would go out and buy. They could put bud in chocolate bars too. LOL.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010