What do you think of the couple that gave their lottery winnings away?

Allen and Violet Large figured they were lucky enough already.

So when the Canadian couple hit it big in the lottery this year, they decided to give it away -- all of it. Since their July win, the elderly couple has donated nearly every cent of their $11.2 million winnings to charity. Call it the Larges' largess.

"What you've never had, you never miss," Violet Large, 78, told The Chronicle Herald in Canada. She and her 74-year-old husband, who live in Nova Scotia, said they first made sure their family was taken care of. But then, she said, they decided the money was "a big headach

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 7:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that it is simply amazing and I admire them for it! However, if it were me.. i'd donate a big portion of it to a charity of my choice, and then i'd leave the rest tucked away in an account somewhere for my dearest family members to have when I am gone. But thats just me =-) I think they are great people, and have probably lived long happy lives without all the money and have realized that there is alot more to life than money
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:44 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It's fabulous! They truly know what is most important in life! And winning can be a big headache.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• All that money is a big head ache. I think they are wonderful for realizing mney does not = happiness and that it would be better given to someone who really needs it. What are a couple of 75 year olds going to do anyway? I woul dhave done the same...hook up my family & then give it to someone who needs it. I would not do that now though, i have a child & debt...LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If they didn't want the money, why did they play?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:12 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think some people play the lottery out of habit.

They are really good people.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:14 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• How nice, I would have given to my standard charities but I never would have given it all away. I'm a greedy mean Republican.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think that was the most honest gift! why keep all that money when there are pipo in need..and it's true, "you can't miss what you never had"
    I really admire them coz it's not easy to just give out money especially that we all need it nomatter how much more we have in the bank.
    God will definately bless them threeford for that.
    tozytindo

Answer by tozytindo at 7:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Bravo!!!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think it's great!!!

kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:01 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The government always take their chunk first!!

They did what was good for them, that is nice.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:45 AM on Nov. 8, 2010