anyone ever have their kid backwards potty train lol

what i mean is my 3yr old daughter i had potty trained for two months straight. i mean completely potty trained just like that. and then as soon as i had my new baby two months later she quit going potty and just went in her gutchies. :( now i get her to do good and go and then sometimes she'll just quit again!!!! so frustrating!!!!

haley8282

Asked by haley8282 at 7:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• This often happens when a new baby arrives. It is frustrating Just stay patient, and keep encouraging her, and tell her what a big girl she is, that the baby stilly goes poopy in his diapers, and you're so proud when she goes in the potty. She may just be wanting extra attention.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think unfortunately is is common for this to happen witha new baby.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yep, it's common with a new baby. You need to show her how much you love having a big girl, and focus on the big girl things she does, like going in the potty.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• it's common with a new baby. Just keep working with her mama!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• This is normal. Kids do this when something major happens in their life (like a new sibling).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• my son tried to quit when we moved from florida to ohio....that was tough on him and it was tough on myself because i had struggled with him but finaly got him to go potty like a big boy....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010