Does this seem obvious to you or am I thinking wrong?

My 17 yr old SS has his first real girlfriend. SS does not have a licence so my DH takes them everywhere. To and from school, practice, church etc..... It's constent, on top of that he has continously made himself present at the girlfriends house. He seems to have befriended her mother. They call each other and do each other favors like him checking on, taking, and watching her other children. He has only mentioned meeting her husband once, supposely he works alot. It seems to me that he goes out of his way for the girlfriend, the mother, and he other children. This has gotten at the point that this past saturday she called him and ask him to be her and her friends desinated driver. I'm not sure how I'm suppose to respond. I've never have meet this women and she's never been to our house. Is this normal for other people or have they over stepped boundaries. To me I think this isn't normal and there is some other motive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• girl you should check this woman out...maybe like you said this woman husband always working and know that she met your husband she trying to have some time with him maybe she liking your man..look idk but honestly i think you should meet this woman..and your husband shoudnt be their driver thats why you have TAXI's ..dosnt she have a car or something..
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think the desidnated driver thing is stepping over a line. The rest is your son's choice. As long as they are giving as much as they are taking. The MIL role is a hard one. I know they are just dating, but still.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:01 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree 100%. This is very strange. It sounds to me like she likes your son to much. I would put a stop to that ASAP. You also said there is maybe another motive I agree with that to. Something is not right.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i think its weird of your husband more then the girl. definatly something going on there.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Okay now i'm confused because of your wording....is it your husband or the SS spending time with the mother and family in general?????? If it's your husband hell yeah it's weird and I would stop it, if it's your son, well it's a first love experience and he can be in "please everyone" mode....but either way it sounds over the top.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sorry wasn't very clear, when I meant he I meant my DH not my SS. My DH has befriended the mother and made himself present and available. I'm very aware that my DH has low selfesteem. He is a narsasistic, passive aggresive, verbal abuser. We have been on the brink of divorce for awhile. He has always enjoyed the attention from ANY women that show any type of iattentiont. Not always meaning sexual. On top of that my ss has the same issue of abusing, making our relationship tough. He dosen't like me, so his girlfriend dosen't either. So it seems that this mother is clued in on our issues, probably not the entire issue, but knows there is a weekness and is honing in on it. The sad part is I see that my ss is showing signs of the same abuse my dh does towards me, he is doing to this girl. So now with this issue of this seemily inapporiate relationship with my dh I'm damed if I try to warn anyone or try to point out this behavior.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 8:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The Narcissist label says it all. He's getting what he wants, attention, from her. Let her put up with his crap. Narcissists are a pain.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2010