Pregnancy and Medicare?

Is there a limit to how much money I make a month to qualify for medicare for my pregnancy in Alabama? This was kind of a surprise and I have to wait like a month before my insuraunce that I JUST got kicks in..so I need something for the first month. DO all pregnant women qualify for medicare , or just low income?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lol lets hope you not on medicare and prego. medicare is for 65+ lmao. not to be a smartass but just thought of an old lady being preggers. i am in alabama. there is an income limit. like i am in school and drawing veterans benefits bc i been out of work. i get money every semester plus monthly housing. i make roughly $20k a year counting all my grants and va benefits and i qualify. i am not really sure what the limits actually are but there is a website. i can't remember it though. just google it and it should come up. gl.
    locabrat83

Answer by locabrat83 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• .

GrippyBits2

Answer by GrippyBits2 at 8:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Medicaid is what you are looking for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes it is called Medicaid, but it takes longer than a month to get it all worked out. You should only need to see the doc one time before your insurance kicks in. You can buy prenantal vitamins over the counter for 20 bucks and postpone the ultrasound and anything that isn't nessesary until after your insurance kicks in. Paying for your first appointment out of pocket should be pretty affordable and the doc may work with you since you will have insurance in a month. My advice is that if you will have insurance coverage in a month, don't waste your time and energy applying, because you will most likely have insurance by the time they get around to your application and you will be denied. Good luck!
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 11:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i am on it in al and i think you have to make a certain amount but you can call and find out and maybe even explain whats going on. the number is 800-362-1504. both of my girls are on it and the i am having in april will be on it till they are 18.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 11:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Medicaid is what you want and if you look on your local tri county health department page you can getthe number to call and ask them about income or they may have a list on the page
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• also when i went for mine i was qualified for it that day, and was able to go to obgyn that day
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2010