any ideas on what to do for my son's bday? he will be 6 the end of this month...i have no clue

we want this to be a special bday because its his first year in school so we want to invite all his kindergarted class. My big fear is i don't want to fork out the money somewhere not knowing how many kids will even show up..or it kid be the other way around...all of them could show and maybe even their brothers and sisters!!! So i have no clue what to do. It will be the end of nov or early dec when we do the party and we are not sure what the weather will be like..we can't really do anything indoors at our home (not knowing how many guest we should expect) because our house is pretty small. Any ideas are greatly appreciated....I also don't want to go somewhere like chucky cheese and pay for a bunch of kids to play on my money. I want the day to be about my son.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What characters is he into? We usually go with whatever character the kids like and do that theme!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• you could call the teacher and ask if you could go there for a couple of hours and maybe do cupcakes and balloons
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• hand out invititations and then online there are sites (make sure you put the http on the invites) where you can have people RSVP to and remind them about the party info and if anything changes. and just like newmom28 themes are a good idea, and if the party is on a school day then angevil53 way is a pretty good way to go.
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 10:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• At school now you can't invite just certain ones, you have to invite them all or none. I understand that, but I just can't afford it. For my daughters b-bay last month. I got her to choose 5 friends and see if she could get their #'s. She had a sleepover and we made a campfire and grilled hotdogs and marshmallows. They had a blast. I know it's colder now, but you could find some fun activities for the inside.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:14 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I say some kind of pirate thing with a scavenger hunt?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010