Should little boys be allowed to wear dresses?

I watching the Today Show and some Mom's are allowing their sons to dress up in girls dresses. Should boys also be allowed to go into the girl's bathrooms?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 8:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• NP & 35... both of you are doing the same thing to each other.... perhaps a breather is in order :-)

As for the question no and no
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Talk about blowing it out of context. That story is about little boys (ages 3-5) who wear dresses as dress up clothes or for halloween. It wasn't talking about kids who cross dress every day. The doctor even said that 5 is too young to assign any kind of sexuality to it, and it's nothing more than imaginary play, no different than dressing up like a cowboy. If they dress that way at pre-school, they're still going to use the boys' room, assuming the preschool even has segregated bathrooms.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My step son LOVED to dress up in girls clothes. He would RAID his sisters dress up box, loved wigs, boa's...we all thought he was going to be gay. I did not care about it, he loved it so much & was such a cutie when he was all dressed up. I honestly miss dressing him up & putting make-up on him. We would not go to the super market like that though, there are far too many judgemental people around. I would hate it if someone said something to him or i just because he was wearing a tutu.

Anyhow, he is a teen now...no more dress up. And NO, he is not gay. Has had a girlfriend for 2 years. He is inot theatre though....no surprise there....

I see no problem with it. If it's fun for the boy, it should be fun for the grown up too. Boys have no connection with dresses & homosexuals. It's only the parents who make that connection & find it "wrong". Kids are innocent & just like to have fun.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• 35, why do you keep addressing NP? How about more responses to your other posters. You are just drawing more attention to her than she is to herself. If you don't like her...don't respond to her
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• ofcourse not that just wrong when a mom does that it confuses the kid
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If anyone's interested, here's the actual story she's talking about: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/40068374#40068374

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Not panicking, if I wanted the link posted I would have done it myself.

Then why did you even mention the Today show story? If you don't want answers you don't like to your questions, post them in your journal where you can delete everyone who doesn't agree with everything you say.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Thanks, NP. Those moms are AWESOME
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 8:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Not Panicking has hijacked the question

I'm flattered that you think I have that much power. Poor little oppressed you. But in case you haven't noticed, the only "derailing" going on here is your constant whining about me being here. You know exactly why I have issues with you, but I haven't once mentioned your habit of stealing other people's writing without credit, because you didn't do it this time. Sorry if your guilty conscience bothers you that much, but you still don't get to dictate who does and doesn't answer your questions.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I dont think its right when mothers do that. They wont try it when the boys are old enough to protest about it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2010