Do you think my husband reminising about his playboy past in jr and high school

was bad of him? We were over my son's friend's parents house whe he was disclosing details of his wild past. The female friend kept egging him on about it. But then I told her my husband is the biggest momma's boy. Plus he gained too much weight anyway. Lately my hubby has been complaining that we don't hang out much with friends. It really does not bother me since he is home a lot but did he talk too much? We know this couple for about 4 and a half years and have hung out for New years and other events in school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• No, he didn't talk too much. If he told them he had sex with a dude when he was drunk, then maybe that would have been too much. Sometimes DH thinks i disclose too much of my defiant past, but most people i talk to don't give a crap & think it's funny. There is a line that can be crossed though, but without knowing all your husband did...i think it's fine. It can be fun talking about your crazy younger years.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• no its a part of his life history. Its not bad to remember those days fondly. It doesn't reflect on the present. It was a different life and a different time and difft version of himself and he remembers it fondly. So what? :-)

He's not gonna stop thinking it was a fun time just because he stops talking about it. I'm not in Army anymore but I often look back and smile and wonder how those guys are and remember certain Exes with a smile. Doesn't mean its any threat to my DH. Its just memories.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I totally agree with Samurai Chica. Also you've known this couple for a long time so DH felt comfortable sharing stories around them and it sounds like High school was probably his glory days and it makes him happy to relive it the eyes of others. You probably once enjoyed hearing those stories too.
    MarianneTv

Answer by MarianneTv at 8:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, you're right Samurai chica. It actually was very funny.Minnie Mouse tried to ask for his phone number while on their senior trip to Disney. Funny right?I think talking about the past makes you not stress about the present and the future as much.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2010