Do they give vax to babies if they have a cold?

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They say children should NOT have vaccinations while they're sick, however most will still give them if they only have a really mild cold or something without a fever, vomiting etc. Talk to your doctor about his/her symptoms, and you can decide if you want to wait.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Just prior to my decision to no longer vax, my dd was 6 mos old at the time and had JUST gotten over the flu 2 days before and the Dr. said she had lost so much weight that she was "sickly" but then wanted to give her a full round (5!) of vax's. I refused saying she was just sick not 2 days prior (the Dr. called CPS BEFORE this convo saying she was so sickly - but we had ALL HAD THE SAME FLU as her) but alas! She was "healthy enough for vax's. I confronted the Dr. and said "You are afraid that I won't come back for her vax's because I am considering not doing them anymore" (I was researching both pros & cons). Dr. said "No, she's fine" I said, "Well if she's FINE then call off the dogs! (CPS)" "Oh, but she is really lost a lot of weight so CPS needs to look into this". I was pissed! First she's so sick she needs CPS intervention - but then she's so healthy she can have 5 vax's. No thanks. I took her, left and never went back!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have never regretted my decision to not vax anymore. We haven't been sick since except for the swine flu from last year. That's 7 years without the flu!! Also, 2 of my kids (this one included) have epilepsy (which the Dr. KNEW!) and the manufacturers of vaccines have in bold, CAPITAL letters along the bottom of the insert with each vial: "DO NOT ADMINISTER TO ANYONE WITH A SEIZURE DISORDER OR AN IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER WITH A SEIZURE DISORDER!"
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010