Is this how O and Michelle 'tighten their belts'?

Oh wait..they can get jiggy with it in Asia on OUR DIME..he meant for us tighten our belts..but allow him access..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Time for Michelle to step off the meat and taters for awhile. Her ass is huge.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't think it's petty at all! I think it's petty of the prez to take ANY trip that costs our country that much money while we are being told to "tighten our belts". After all, we have to make sure we save enough to pay our taxes so that he can go on these trips. Never mind that so many of us are struggling to survive. I'm sorry, but the more I see of this man the more I can't wait for 2012 to get here. I only hope people have seen enough not to make the same mistake twice.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvxKZRf8k2k

Bush dancing here in Bahrain..wonder how much this dance party cost? o right, no one cared

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eshjgsy47Jc

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Of course we have to tighten our belts. We aren't special like POTUS and FLOTUS.

Those kids looked like they were having a a good time. It must have been a thrill for them to be able to dance with a world leader. 

I just have to wonder, why did O start shaking their hands? They were obviously trying to get him to join in the festivities. It wasn't a campaign event. *shakes head*

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Newflash- Wealthy people do not Need to tighten their belts, while many might choose to during economic downturns, they do not Have to..... Haves and Have Nots and that is the reality!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• When times are tight our leaders lifestiyles should show some restraint. When they don't it gives the appearance of "let them eat cake." I don't care if the leader is Obama, Bush, Clinton or George Washington.

How many homes could have been saved..how many meals put on tables or Christmas gifts bought for kids with the money they have wasted on this trip? 10 billion dollars is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things.

I think they need to sign up with Go To Meeting myself.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• lovin you are right. The military uses secure communications all the time. It is long past time for our legislators to do the same. They can be in their state..with their constituents for most of the year. It would save a fortune AND put them better in tune with the folks back home.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't like the excess expenditures, in the slightest. I see no problem with the trip, however, I would like some assurance that they are doing it as cheaply as possible, which I know is not happening.

Michelle looks the same to me. If she's eating vegetarian, and is not getting enough protein, she's going to get pot belly- protein helps keep muscles toned and strong. I had what appeared to be a GIANT belly when I was a size zero- not enough protein.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• As for the costs, you don't know the cost. Not from some anon source in India....Not fro Rush

and again BUSH took the same trip in 2006

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Also, when you travel on/for business, YOU do not typically control or even have a say in the extracurricular activities, TRUST ME- I accompany my husband quite a bit. When you are a guest, all of these activities are thoughtfully pre-arranged for you. As a representative of your country (or company in by husband's case), you graciously attend each and every function, taste each morsel, dance, listen, or speak as instructed or prompted. It's all a part of the role and job. Furthermore, since you are representing a country or company, you do so very enthusiastically. Schmooze and be schmoozed-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010