Any military women out there?

My DD just called 9-1-1 (by accident)...the MPs showed up at my door and asked if anyone called 9-1-1 and I said "no" (I didn't know that she had called). They said that they had a call and hang up and I laughed and said it must've been my 14 month old daughter. It was a simple accident. They wanted to come in and check the place (which is fine by me). They come in and check the place and when they leave they take my name, SS#, and all my other info. I have never had the police take my info like that before just because of a false report or accident call. Is this normal? Has it happened to any of you? I'm nervous because they may think I'm a bad mom for letting my DD call 9-1-1 like that and call social services which may get my husband in trouble at work (because the military is strict like that).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• My daughter does that all of the time...the MPs are required to take that information for a 911 call
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 3:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• OP HERE....has anyone else expierenced this? It was just an accident and they seemed really angry and I've never known them to take all the info like that before.
    Anonymous

• well my son has called them before and they just called back to make sure everything was alright. i couldn't believe it...but they understood. they never came to my house before though...it might be more sticter where you're at, but i know that normally it's 3 strikes and you get a fine. so just make sure you're keeping an eye on your daughter!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yes, this is perfectly normal. Military police have to include all of that information in thier reports. Every time I've had to provide a statement for anything they have collected all of that type of information from me. They will not call social services. If they thought there was a problem with your parenting skills then you would have had a much more dramatic scenario on your hands.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• ^^^ I DO watch my child! She just learned how to walk and I didn't know she was tall enough to reach the phone (she has never done it before). I was in the kitchen for just a few seconds and when I came into the livingroom she had the phone so I took it from her (the phone was OFF when I took it so I assumed she didn't dial anything).
    Anonymous

• Thank you cat1622...that really puts me at ease...

thank you

Anonymous

• My 15 month old always has a phone in his hand, fortunately he hasn't dialed an actual number yet! I think this happens to everyone! A very long time ago there was a show (I think it was called Rescue 911) that a friend of mine's children loved to watch. One day she exits the shower to find the police in her living room, her 6 year old had called them to tell them he loved their show! :D Really, having your child do this is normal! And no reflection at all on you! I would be grateful the responded so quickly had there been an actual emergency! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2008