Scared she'll get sick??

Ever since my daughter got a stomach bug (She's better now)..She's almost scared to get a nap.Unfortunately she's in poor health lately and this is already her 4th bug just in a month :(..She is fine at night, but at nap time she basically screams blood murder if I get her to nap..I know she still needs a nap, though..She is so cranky if she doesn't..I realize that soon they will phase out, but I cant help think that maybe she's scared she'll get sick even if she's better?I don't want suggestions to "make" her nap..She will if she's tired enough, but how can I console her?Nothing i've done seems to work.. It breaks my heart that she's scared..She's never been scared to be in here room before..She'd play in there on her own since she was 2 with the door open and my checking on her, but all of a sudden in the last week, she won't..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would get some games or toys that she really likes that you can play together and play them in her room when she's not tired. So she starts to feel happy in there again. Maybe that will help.
    MarianneTv

Answer by MarianneTv at 9:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Aww, poor baby. I'd trick her into a nap. I do it at bedtime with my son all the time. It goes like this, "Ok, fine, don't go to bed, but sit here with me." Then, we snuggle on the couch. I rub his back, or his head (works like a charm) and he's out in 5 minutes flat. Then, I put him to bed.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• maybe try to get her to bed earlier so she won't need a nap
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Have you tried to lay down with her? Naptime stories?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Lots of hugs and mommy time, answering her questions, calming her fears. She'll get over it in time
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 6:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010