Do you feel you are too strict or too leanient, or well ballanced?

I think i tend to be too strict sometimes

honesty33

Asked by honesty33 at 8:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well balanced. I give him enough leeway to express himself,but still strict enough to not let him run wild.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I try to be fair and consistant.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It's funny. At the begining i was a new mommy of a 2 year old and my partner told me i ws too strict and expecting too much. I thought things over, shaped up and then i became too leanient. After 4 years I have becaome well balanced. Strict when needs to be, Sympathetic and Empathetic at times, Giving when needed, and Fun; but now when i am strict or stern the kids don't cry, inthe end we all laugh and talk then get done what needs to be done and work it out as a team.
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 9:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would say we fall on the strict side, but in my opinion it's only because so many parents have become far too lenient. We have several 4th and 5th grade kids who roam the neighborhood, don't check in afterschool and might show up at home before dark. When they come to our house and get a ride for different activities I make them call and check in. Many of the parents act like I am putting them out because they have to answer the phone and speak to their child. My kids are 11 and 16 and I know where they are and who they are with. I feel it is my job as a parent to do my best to insure that they are respectful and trustworthy kids who grow into adults with integrity. I just don't see that happening with a lot of kids anymore and it's sad.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think I'm well-balanced overall, but it varies a bit from day to day.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think I am balanced. They might have a different opinion. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I am very strict, but I really dont beleve in being too strict! My daily goal is routine and consistency! Cleanliness and good manners are a must in my house, but we have TONS of fun too!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Balanced. We are strict but he has some lead way. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Some people think I am too lenient, but I think we have a good balance.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010