I just dont understand...

How with all the bad things that go on in this world, everyone says praise god... My mil just wrote on her facebook, god proved his faithfulness last night because bob(fil) wrecked the car and didnt get hurt. I understand the miracle in that but they use that car to do their job and cant do it without it, so hows that a miracle? and if god 'touches' one person to protect them from hard what about those innocent children being raped, hurt, starved, and murdered? Where is god then? We pray to god about helping us with things and praise him when they are answered but then when asked the question, where was god when this horrible thing happened, people say god doesnt interfer with life? Which one is it? Praise god for helping us when we are blessed or god doesnt interfer and what happens in life isnt really a miracle just fate??

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• religion and god is a convenient copout imho

we make our own fates and our own decisions and have to fix our own mistakes. God didn't halp us with anything. We helped ourselves or got incredibly lucky in some cases, but gods? no.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• This is one of many reasons I began to question the religion I grew up with. I don't believe in an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-good God. I felt like if he was all-knowing and all-powerful, then he could not really be good too. Just my personal experience, I respect everyone has their own beliefs and relationship with God. When I think of God as something more abstract, like life force or energy, I can consider the possibility more.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm with you on that zoeyis
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• He cant get another one, they have no money and keep borrowing my my df (their son) and their dds husband. And whats the other reason behind the accident, so they can starve because they dont have a job anymore and cant afford to eat?
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• There are many evil people in the world and Satan is doing is hardest to keep these people working for him. God does bless, but Satan is just as actively involved trying to thwart His plans. Man has free will and makes choices and decisions that affect other people. Sometimes Satan gets his dirty little hands onto someone and they make HORRIBLE choices. If God had the choice, EVERYONE would be believers and therefore end up in heaven. Sadly there are many who do not make this choice. And that is exactly what it is - a choice. Thank God that fil WASN'T hurt and that he can continue to do his job - the car is replaceable. Maybe there was something wrong with the car that would have taken TONS of money to fix and this way they can get a new one. Maybe there was another reason behind the accident. We just don't know - we just have to have faith. It could also just be a test of that faith - clearly mil passed :)
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2010