How do I handle my son leaving today from KS. on his 2nd deployment?

granmababe

Asked by granmababe at 9:04 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• you just do. Depending on what he does (wherever he's going) he may not be in harm's way at all. I knew alot of airman and sailors deployed overseas that never saw combat and likely never would given their job titles. Hang in there.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thanks. on his last tour, he was in a fairly safe place. This time he told me it's going to be completely differant. right in the middle of it all.
    granmababe

Comment by granmababe (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• make sure you stay in contact with him, then. See what he's up to all the time :) I wish him all the best. His unit and buddies will be watching his back. We all got pretty tight and like family over there.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My heart goes to you.My oldest came back from deployment before Easter.He was in a horrible place in Afghanistan.You raised a strong,giving young man and I know he got a lot of that from you.Just sending you hugs , my heart and my prayers for your son..Take care!!!Was he gone during the holidays before?
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thank you all! I just hope i can get some sleep sometime. no matter how old they are, they are still your babies.
    granmababe

Comment by granmababe (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• God Bless him and keep him while he is gone! My heartfelt thanks to him, you and your whole family for what he is doing!
    With technology these days, hopefully you can keep in touch alot more, email, phones, video chats, etc, can keep you more in touch than ever before. Wishing him a safe return soon! Are you involved in any type of support group or moms group?
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Breath in and out....and pray! God, please grant this mother the peace that only you can give her. God please show her that her son is no more out of your hand as he is at home. Your reach is mighty. Grant it God in Jesus name that her son find protection as I pray for all our soldiers. Let them God be lifted up and bless them in their service...Jesus wrap this mother and all mothers in your arms of love, peace, and mercy. Amen
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The most powerful thing you could and should do is pray. Prayer is powerful, and God is the only one who can keep him in the midst of all literal "hell". Be strong, and love him enough to stay on knees in prayer, while you wash the dishes or cook the dinner, or out for a morning walk, whatever you are doing my sister, pray. He will know that you are praying for him, he'll feel it. Hugs to you, and peace beyond anyone's understanding to you and your family. Be blessed.
    Lordgivemewizdm

Answer by Lordgivemewizdm at 9:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am a military wife and fully understand your anxiety and pain.........but have one thing to kinda gripe about.........you should have worded and stated your question without the explicit remark of when he left and from where. No offense to you but there is such a thing as called OPSEC it states no specific dates, times or locations.........this only upsets me due to the fact that if my husband was in your sons unit and was leaving with him anyone anywhere in the world including terrorists could see this and my husbands life would be in danger. That is all I will say on that.

As per your original question.....Just pray, communicate via phone ( if possible), email whatever you can. If you don't hear from him for a few days don't panic. Also you can PM me anytime if you need to talk or yell or vent. I also belong to a military forum that has alot of wonderful wives and mothers that are always there to answer any questions.
    armymom69

Answer by armymom69 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Prayers coming to you and your son. I agree prayers are answered so pray for his units safe return home. Keep in touch with him as often as you can. Join a support group if possible.
    Faye1234

Answer by Faye1234 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010