are you 'ready for the world' when you drop off the kids @ school?

i'm not. i usually have showered/blowdried my hair, and that's it. but today..i still had my robe and thick socks on..no shoes, no shower, just clean teeth!! LOL!
what do you think about moms like that? or do you care?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 9:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Most of the time I drop him off on my way to work- but not today!!! I have the day off and will be dropping him off in my pajamas!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• more than ready. I get up way earlier than they do for some quiet me time, so that I am mentally prepared for them.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Most of the time I am ready, because I feel like I'm utilizing my time better once things are quiet, but that doesn't mean I haven't driven them to school in my pj's or my hair not combed through. It's just life. I wouldn't judge anyone I saw doing that.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Nope, and I don't take my son to school unitl 12:15. I work at home, so some mornings, like this one, I didn't get a chance to shower before I had to gt started. Busy day...
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I do get dressed, brush my teeth and run a brush through my hair. lol I run them to school then come home, do my coffee thing, then get really ready to face the world!
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 9:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Occasionally, but it depends on the day.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No, Im ready to go back to sleep.. Though I rarely get to, lol..
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 9:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i am mentally ready, by the time he gets up..just don't always look pretty..that's what i'm talking about. i'm usually up 1 1/2hrs before the ds. just being lazy today!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• When our kids went to public school I subbed and then I taught full time so I was ready for work when they were ready for school. Now we homeschool and even though the kids squwak sometimes our rule is you have to be dressed before you get started with school. I can't seem to be productive in my pjs and I think it works the same for them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:12 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't care.  Then again, I don't have to drop my kids off at school so I have no idea what the other parents look like.  My kids just left to go to the bus stop.  They don't even technically need me to get up in the morning.  They are in 2nd, 3rd and 5th grades and they can get up, get themselves ready and leave for school on time (they proved it when I was sick and overslept a few days).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:18 AM on Nov. 8, 2010