if you live in (or near) Charlotte NC

my husband works for microsoft and we currently live in texas.

my husband has applied for an operations position and if he is offered a job, it's possible that we could be moving to NC. and it's also possible that we would have to move fast - like within a month of him being offered. it's still up in the air right now, but i want to be prepared about where to look for a place. his 2nd interview is in seattle this week or early next.

what are some good areas around Charlotte? we're hoping to find something within a 45-50 mile distance from the microsoft office there.

also, what is traffic like in the mornings and evening during rush-hour?

what can you tell me about the areas? what do you like or not like? good schools? not overly populated? the current town we're in is kind of small and we would like to be outside of the city - in a nice quiet area with lots of space for an active 4 year old.

MommyToEthan

Asked by MommyToEthan at 9:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Travel

• I lived in Raleigh for a few years and I can tell you that real estate is reasonable. I recommend talking to a Real Estate Agent in your city and ask them to recommend a Realtor inCharlotte who can give you all this information. I did that when moved and the agent was really helpful and as soon as we arrived in town, he gave us all kinds of information and drove us around town,showed us homes and gave us helpful hints about where to shop, about schools, EVERYTHING! Good luck! North Carolina is a pretty state, has pretty homes and neighborhoods.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My first sons father lives there
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010