Am I supposed to be worried that Barack Obama participated in Muslim prayers in school as a child?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/barack-obama-joined-muslim-prayers-
at-school-teacher-says/story-e6frg6so-1225949239614

My opinion? I really don't think so. He was a *kid*, for goodness sakes. As a child, I attended a different church than the one I do now. Should that be held against me?

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 9:12 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Only if you want to be.

I will focus on the damage he is doing right now. I don't care what he did when he was a kid.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• that doesn't worry me. What worries me about his childhood is that he idolizes his father who was an extreme, radical anti-colonialist (sp?). Basically, anti-Western, anti-America. he was raised with a lot of hate towards our system. Even when his mom and dad split, his mom found a different husband and he was the same way for awhile. when that man turned around and liked the "Western" ways, his mom told him not to listen to him. I think that should be taken into consideration and that's what worries me.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 9:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Honestly, if I am going to be concerned about a "churchy" issue and Obama...it is going to be him sitting and listening to Rev Wright's hate filled sermons for more than 20 yrs.

I don't have time for the churchy stuff though. I am more concerned with his overuse of the company credit card.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• ...to better answer your question. I don't give a rat's behind if you want to worry or not worry about it. Your choice. :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• According to many republicans and fox news hosts you are

I had no say when I was 6 as to where I lived and where I went to school..I doubt Barack Obama did either

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:14 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yeah, I'm sure he also pooped in a diaper as a baby. And ate dirt and called a kid a bad name. He was a kid.

I'll bet he even ate cookies when he should have been eating fruits....the horror! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:18 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Hey Sweet...I WENT to the Fox Website. I dont see this story. The LINK is from Australia. Do YOU see it on Fox or are you making crap up as you go? :) Again.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I thought racism has to do with race not religion????
    I agree with Kittie about how his father was and some of those things do get carried on... its a generation thing.
    All I can say is God knows his heart and the deeds that he does.... My only concern is his position with Israel.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Ditto kittie
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010