how do you serve pasta to make it different from spaghetti and meatballs or noodles and sauce?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Make the spaghetti with browned ground beef instead of meatballs and then make spaghetti burritos. Sounds disgusting, I know, but its so good!
    I like to use bowtie pasta once in awhile since its more fun then long noodles. Try bowtie with a thing brown gravy and steak bits. Also, penne noodles (long tubes with pointy ends) with italian sausage, diced tomatoes and mushrooms in a nice pasta bake. One of the side dishes my husband "cooks" is elbow macaroni with a can of diced tomatoes (with the juice) thrown in. Very simply, and very good with hamburgers and the like.
    Message me if you'd like some more recipes, I'm sure I can think of something!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i use alfredo sauce and some shrimp scampi.. either shrimp scampi frozen out the box already with the sauce, or plain frozen shrimp that i flavor myself.. just depends on what i have in the freezer at the time. I also use the afredo sauce with chicken.. or speghetti sauce with chicken.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Garlic and oil, primavera, alfredo with veggies.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Try using different shapes of pasta. Here's a simple recipe. You can also use chicken strips.
    Pasta with Shrimp, broccoli, and garlic.
    Shrimp
    Broccoli
    Garlic
    Olive oil
    You can use frozen chopped broccoli defrost in microwave while you slice 5-6 cloves of garlic (to your taste) in olive oil. When the garlic has simmered on medium until golden and the oil is flavored nicely to the garlic you can add the shrimp and broccoli. Add salt to taste. I add chicken broth to wet the sauce if needed. You can also add chopped spinach to this recipe and if you like black olives you can add that. Toss above with pasta and add Parmesan cheese. If you like garlic this is a simple meal.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2010