how long does a woman lactate when they are done breastfeeding??

I breastfed my youngest one until 8 to 9 months and now all of a sudden I am leaking milk or something. Is this normal.?? Is this a sign that I might be pregnant?? Please Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Health

• Some women continue to make milk for a long time. How long has it been since you stopped bfing? Usually you don't start to leak milk until the 3rd trimester in my experience, so I don't think it's a sign that you are preggers. If it doesn't stop. I would call gyn's office or lactation consultant.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My little one will be one on the 6th of November.
    Anonymous

• our babies are about the same age and quit bf at the same time my lc told me it can take seeveral months to dry up if you have a missed peroid then take action until then i wouldnt worry too much if you are leeking alot or are real engorged they have herbs at vitamin cottage to help reduce the milk
    kimmaboo

Answer by kimmaboo at 11:46 AM on Nov. 2, 2008