Has anyone ever had there ExHusband try to go after them for Full Custody of there child?

My ExHusband is taking me back to court for Full Custody of our son. I am trying for disablity but thats in the courts. Last year I lost my primary and now we have shared. I have him 3 weekends of the month and every wednesday night. I lost the child support. Now he wants Full Custody and everything I do is precieved by the GAL as wrong and she wants my EX to have custody and they don't realize that that would hurt my son more. Everyone things that removing me will some how change my sons life for the better. Now my Ex is remarried and she wants to have my role as mom. So with me out of the way she can. Is anyone going threw anything like this?

Angela G.

Asked by Angela G. at 9:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, my husband tried to get sole custody of our kids. From the beginning I had primary physical custody. I had them during the week, he had weekends. I took him back to court to get some weekends too, he at that point sued me for full custody. Before we went to court he called CPS on me, twice - both times unfounded, of course. When we went to court they changed the agreement so he now only has every other weekend and every other Wednesday afternoon.
    We didn't have a GAL, so I don't know anything about working with them, but they usually have the kids best interest don't they?

Answer by missanc at 10:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The GAL's are supposed to have the Kids interest but I have been threw 2 now and so far they have not listened to him one bit. My son has run away from his Dad's and I got blamed for it. My son can only use his Cell Phone freely when he is with me and every time he called his GAL was on my time she told my lawyer that I was telling him what to say. He would ask me questions and I didnt know how to answer them so I said call your GAL that is what she is there for. Now I am getting blamed for everything. My son goes to Catholic school and my EX all of a sudden got real catholic but since our marriage isn't annulled he is doing things he shouldn't be and my son told me that since my dad can lie and do things why can't he. I said it was wrong. But when I mentioned this to the school I got blamed for all sorts of things and you had to sign this agreement with the school that you would go to Church on Sunday.
    Angela G.

Comment by Angela G. (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2010