drying jeans

I did a load of my sons laundry this morning and I thought to myself I am so damn sick of the damn dryer having to run it and run it on those jeans to get them dry my utility bill is high enough. I hung his 4 pairs of jeans over the shower curtain rod, how long will it take to dry or should I but them in the dryer tomarrow morning to finish drying or what?

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 9:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I've never had them take longer than overnight (8 or so hours).
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I do this as well usually overnight, and then a spin in the dryer to soften them up,, if not it is kind of like putting on cardboard!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Depends on the weather outside. If it's raining or humid, I've had clothes still wet 2 days later. We now hang up over 50% of our wet clothes--just not sheets or towels or socks, because they're so akward to hang up inside...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If your dryer isn't drying efficiently, you may need too snake out the vent pipe. It will get full of lint and this causes it to take longer than necessary to dry items. Also, reduce the number of pairs of jeans per load.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Can I even put shirts on hangers and dry them to??
    blue_glass_mama

Comment by blue_glass_mama (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yep. shirts on hangers work fine.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You can put anything on a hanger and dry it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I dry most of my shirts and all of my pants on hangers in the bathroom- have for years. About 12 hours is what it takes-I am in coastal CA, so temperate weather.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I hang alot of my clothes because I find my shirts usually shrink UP...ugg not so fun...I hand bras and all types of delicate things. Your shower rod Is perfect for this. Hand it on a hanger or even over your towel bar (if it will stretch with water weight on a hanger) and hang over night!!! Should be dry by morning. You could always run it in dryer for 15/20 minutes to soften the clothes!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010