Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have experience with joint custody and father moving more than 100 miles away?

I am trying to understand the Child Custody Act of 1970. I do not understand the meaning of "a parent whose custody or parenting time of a child is governed by this order shall not change the legal residence of a child (to a residence more than 100 miles from the child's legal residence at the time of commencement of this action)
My daughter's father moved more than 100 miles away (from MI to CA). He has not changed their address, just his but we have joint custody. So, therefore has he changed their address as well? Should I apply for the full custody, what good does this do?
What are your experiences with this?

thank you,

Answer Question

Asked by erin9 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • Erin~
    I moved from one state to the next one over, and both father's (2) of my 3 kids wanted to have me held in contempt of court for doing it. Each state is different, but mine has loopholes, which I abided by and well, I haven't been held in contempt! Hope this helps.

    Answer by Babylove76 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.