Ok...I have a "situation"

I rarely log out of my Facebook when I'm at home. My 5yo I think got on here when I got up to go to another room last night and friend requested someone. She's not reading yet and I know she didn't know what she was doing, but now this guy is my "friend" and I have no idea who he is...lol. We have one friend in common and it looks like she talks to this guy often, from the look of her facebook. He appears to be a stand-up guy, attends church, and we have a lot of things in common.

Here's the thing...he is kinda cute AND he's single. What do I say to him? Do I start a conversation with him on Facebook and try to get to know him or do I say...I'm so sorry, my daughter accidentally requested you and leave it at that?

HELP ME PLEASE...LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• You can always delete a Facebook friend without explaination...

Who people say they are and who they actually are are often quite different. Do we not teach our children to be careful with "strangers?" And isn't this man really a "stranger" if mommy doesn't know him?
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• why not look into a date? What could it really hurt if you ask him to hang out?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Just send him a message and tell him what happened,, are you single? You might want to inform your friend what happened, in case she is interested in him? IDK but you have to love 5 year olds, mine played farkle when I left my facebook open, he was trying to chat wth the guy, but of course couldn't type in legible words,,LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• PS--just think if you get married, what a story!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:04 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Oh my goodness...my daughter is not going to meet him...lol! I'm asking for myself, not for my 5 year old...but thanks for your concern. I teach my kids about "stranger danger", thank you. I trust that he's a good guy...especially bc of the friend we have in common. And I would NOT be introducing a man to my children until I knew him well anyway.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You didnt say if you were single or not. So since you want to start a conversation with the accidental guy Im assuming your single with a 5 year old. If your single, say "Hello, sorry but "I" hit your request to be friends button by accident but this might be fate and just wanted to say hello anyways. " Then after you get to know this guy a bit more introduce the 5 year old. Because if you say up front your 5 year old tap the lets be friends button, hes not going to believe that and then hes going to think your a stalker. Take responsibility. If you married, I suggest apologizing for the accidental tap and start a conversation as a married person not a single person.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry I didn't mention I was single...I guess I thought it was implied and obvious by the other content in my post. I am single with two kids 5 and 7. He is single and 43.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Why not talk to friend about him and maybe get a better idea of what he's like? (Especially if she knows him IRL.) If she's not interested in him and knows him IRL, maybe ask her if she could introduce you guys. That sounds like a better scenario than just meeting him based on what you THINK you know of him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Leave your daughter out of it....Dont mention what she did...If you are interested then send him a INBOX and let him know that you have interest....Dont be afraid of rejection....Step outside of your comfort zone...Who knows he may be the one. Dont be SHY...GO FOR IT!
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Just send him a message and introduce yourself.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2010