Freezing food?

Ok so I know this is basic but I've never been taught. I'm all ready to make home made stew, lasagna and chicken pot pie. All of these items always have leftovers that have gone to waste around here. What do I have to do to put them in a freezer so they don't get freezer burn? How long will they last in there? How do I cook them after they've been frozen so it doesn't get soggy? Thanks gals.

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 10:04 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Either use plastic freezer-safe containers or zip lock freezer bags. Thaw overnight in refrigerator or thaw in microwave. Re-heat in microwave. They can remain frozen several months, but are best if used sooner.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Let your soup cool then dump your leftovers in ziplock bags before you freeze. Mine is always used up in a week or two. I defrost it slightly in the micro then it slides right out into the pot for reheating.

I don't freeze any other leftovers, but I do freeze entire casseroles, so the husband can eat home food while I'm gone on business. Leave the food in the dish and just wrap with plastic. It's never in the freezer more and a few days, so nothing ever gets the freezer burn taste...

GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2010