Anyone have twins at 33 weeks?

I'm pregnant with twin girls and I'm 33 weeks along. I was wondering about anyone who had twins at this stage. What your twins weighed? If they had to stay in the hospital past you? Did they have any complications because of being born early?

mommyoftwins903

Asked by mommyoftwins903 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My twin boys were born at 33wks 5 days. They were 5lbs 2oz, and 5lbs 0.8oz. One stayed in the NICU for two weeks for jaundice and feeding issues. The other stayed in for a month due to lung development issues, jaundice and ABO blood incompatibility. His problems may have stemmed from our blood mixing somewhere along the way. He has a different blood type.

Even though they got off to a rocky start, they caught up and you would never know they were preemies now. The one that had lung problems seems to have outgrown his asthma right around age two. They are very healthy kids now.

Best wishes to you and the babies!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 3:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• i have twins a boy and a girl they were born at 33 weeksd and 6 days! The boy was born at 5 lbs 0.0 ounces and the girl was born at 5lbs and 2 ounces! The baby boy had to stay in the NICU for about 3 weeks for lung development issues (like the person above mee)

They are both doing fine now my baby boy still has some lung issues but you could never tell that they were preemies!

Best wishes
    singlemommie3

Answer by singlemommie3 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2008