7 month old with Eczema

When my son was 3 or 4 months I noticed a small rash lik patch on his thigh. When I went into his 6 month checkup the Dr said it was Eczema and by that time he had few small patches on his thigh behind his knees, they were very small like the size of a quarter. Well I was told to not use any soap with Fragerance or anything and too apply Baby eczema cream by Gental Naturals. So I went out and bought a special shampoo that is free of all that and bought the cream and it seems to be getting worse behind his knees especially. I Breastfeed but do give him several bottals a day and I am wondering if teh formula has anything to do with it? Should I strickly breastfeed and is there anything that will get rid of his Eczema or will it just get worse from here?

bnts1993

Asked by bnts1993 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A friend and fellow CM'er has an amazing eczema product that she makes herself, that is all natural and it cleared up the mild eczema on my ds's cheeks in 3 days!
    http://stores.ebay.com/Baby-Kanga-Dew

I don't know if breastfeeding has anything to do with it at all.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• This varies from child to child...mine went through this for a few months and it just went away. We're still not sure what caused it. My doctor told me to give my son a small dose of benadryl and it workes well. I can't remember the exact dosage so check with your doctor.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• is the formula milk-based? that could be exactly what is causing your childs problem... if you are able to exclusively breastfeed, then do that and you'll probably see the eczema go away... its an allergy that causes it, so if you find the source of the allergy, you can treat it...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 11:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Cetaphil soap and lotion work really well for me. I've had eczema my whole life. Milk, red meat, orange juice and stress make mine go crazy. Maybe you are ingesting something that he doesn't agree with. Try putting the mitts on his hands so he can't scratch it (if he'll let you). I always itch mine in my sleep and I wake up in the morning to a nasty rash. Keep his nails short.

I have tried many, many remedies. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask me.
    Good luck!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:17 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• my son has eczema n try useing Era, All, n then i got this stuff from a pharmcy that u put in the tube it comes in packages in a box, n then use Aveno bath stuff, it really helped out alot i mean big time alot... My son had it really bad were it was all over his body n useing this stuff helped.. My son specialist told me to try this n it works wonders. but dont use dryer sheets unless they dont have scent in them...
    softlips_91

Answer by softlips_91 at 5:12 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• oh n then give some allergy medication over the counter stuff, That helps 2...
    softlips_91

Answer by softlips_91 at 5:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2008