cereal?

so my daughter turn 3mons on the 22nd and i thoought a great start for the day would to introduce cereal. most moms at my day care did but my doc said to start foods at 4months. i didnt listen and did anyways she loved it. and it wasnt much like 4 baby spoon fulls. she started not sleeping throuh the night and cramping the doc said no more. my question is has anyone had this problem is it normal and is she gogin to be ok?

SummerMom072208

Asked by SummerMom072208 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oooh be careful with this one. Hot topic of debates as some mommas claws come out in regards to feeding cereal to babies too young. lol (if anyone gets heated with that remark, calm down....I was simply stating for her to brace herself because as we all know, drama can easily start).

But yes, no worries as your lil' one will be just fine. Some babies can handle solids early (even if mixed with formula/milk) and some cannot. It's just a sign that her stomach isn't developed enough to handle it. Wait another month and slowly introduce it again. =) The fact is, you saw the signs and stopped for her to ease her discomfort! =)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 11:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• She'll be fine, it was just too early for her and upset her tummy. Some babies can handle solids early, but some are more sensitive.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I agree. Your lil one is going to be fine. I started mine on cereal at 2 months for medical reasons and he was like that at first. Their poor tummies just aren't able to digest it yet. Try to do it again in about a month and you should be good to go. It's a good way to start though. Good job. I remember being scared out of my mind and man was it a messy time at first. lol
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 12:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I'm sure that your child will be fine, it was just too much for her to handle. That's the reason that the AAP recommends not giving anything besides breastmilk or formula until at least 6 months. Some babies can tolerate it, others can't.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I agree- she is too little for solid foods. There is no nutritional benefit to starting babies early on solids- try again in a couple, few months. Their little systems can't handle the stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 2, 2008