anyone NOT know about LAKE DYES in our food?

red #40, Yellow #5, blue #1

these are the big ones
these artifical dyes are banned in other countries, but US FDA says are ok for us

i will not add link, search for yourself...LAKE dyes, especially red 40, makes my daughter insane, it is not the sugar in the candy, it is the dye

not all kids have reaction, but some do, i also have less migraines since finding this out and not eating food with artifical dyes

do search, let me know what you think

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• LOL..You know how I feel about RED #40 LAKE...my son loses his flippin mind. It is banned at our house. He knows to check the label before consumption.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes, i have heard what they do to SOME children. i ate a bag of m&m's the other day and saw that there is infact red40 in it. my 4 year old eats m&ms from time to time and it does not make her crazy or bounce off the walls. probably why it's not banned in the us, because you have the choice NOT to buy it!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• after four months of no red 40 in our house
    i did experiment, i ate all kinds of food with red40, and i got a migraine- two and a half days long, i did this two days before period as that was my time for headaches, but i did not have any migraines for four months with no dyes eaten, then i ate all i could and got major headache, i need no research to know, it is a migraine trigger for me (along with horomones) but horomones not the only reason and with no red 40, i do not have migraines
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• tnm - you have a choice not to buy it. Sure, you won't have m&m's but you have the choice!

I have decreased by red40 intake alot the last few months but you would be surprised at the places it hides!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I get bad headaches myself and will have to try this. My peanut MnM's have it and I have that handful treat almost daily. I'll have to look around and see what else it's in. Thanks for the tip.....
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 6:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2010