Can I take my 2 week old out?

Not out all day of course, just a couple hours, I'm going a little stir crazy being cooped up in the house and nobody is available to watch her.

opinions?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 10:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• of course. just dress her warmly in this chilly weather! have fun =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes!
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had all of my kids out of the house with me for short periods once they were about 5 days on. Even just a short walk around the block did wonders for me. My youngest was (and still is) the kind of kid who is happiest in fresh air. I had him outside in 40 degree weather (he was wrapped up) and he spent 20 minutes chattering to the bushes and trees. He was about 6 weeks at the time.

And at some point I always needed to go to the grocery store or get diapers. I would just make sure that baby is fairly well physically protected from people who want to touch and those coughing and sneezing.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes - it's a little chilly outside, but the mall is a great place to take her for a stroll.

Answer by missanc at 10:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Absolutely! Enjoy your day getting some fresh air.  Have fun and maybe go for a little walk.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 10:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I was out right away with my second and third. Because I had to run my first around. It's fine, I just tried not to let other kids get face to face. Congrats!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Go for it! Dress warmly (not to the point of over heating) and have fun!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• sure, why not?  All of my kids went out the day they left the hospital (either to walmart/target or out to eat) and continued going out after that.  My youngest actually spent the most time stuck inside because it was so freaking hot when he was born.  Nobody wanted to leave the AC, lol.  I remember the first day it finally cooled off (dropped below like 88F), we went for a long walk because we had been stuck in the house for 2 weeks.  But otherwise they were out and about doing whatever we needed to get done from birth (and I've had kids born in all the seasons).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• As long as you dress her appropriately and keep an eye out for strangers touching her (I had a few try). I had my dd out the day after we came home from the hospital.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My last one was born in november and i had a c-section...we were at church when she was 6days old...so yes take tht little sweetheart out and just b mindful of germs when you are handling her.....have a great time ...your a new momma that nobody is expecting to go do the 9-5 right now...soo enjoy it....go walk the mall ... stroll through the stores and window shop...fun fun fun....
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2010