Do you think everyone is hurting that is in direct sales?

I just want to correct you---if you are of this mindset.
Not everyone in direct sales, MLM or CDM, is hurting.

Those of us who work hard, and work smart, have a superior product--are persistent and consistent, and provide far above and beyond expectations of our customers...are not hurting.

I simply had to clarify--I see too many people out there saying "it can't be done, You can't make money, You'll fail before you ever get off the ground." to other people asking for information about a home based business. Don't listen to them....just don't listen....if I had listened I would not have generated thousands of dollars in income this year.
Just be wise about the opportunity you choose...sometimes, if it only costs a dollar to start up--you won't get a nice return for your efforts. Sometimes, if it costs way too much and the bar is set so high you can't reach it right away--it won't be a good return for your efforts

romanceparty4u

Asked by romanceparty4u at 10:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Adding....
    You just have to be wise and choose the right opportunity for you...It's not unheard of to have a start up "kit" of 100-200. Just make dang sure you are getting AT LEAST that much in product when you start. A good company will give you MORE than the start up costs, in products. As well as business materials such as free websites, order forms, catalogs, training, ongoing support. They won't force training seminars that YOU have to pay for....they may suggest them or offer them, but if it's a requirement, you should run.

If you have a good product, a good business plan, good training, good support, and a good outlook, you can succeed. I promise you this. But, you must have a PASSION for what you offer---don't try to sell something that you don't absolutely positively hands down LOVE---because it shows. And nobody will buy from you. And I don't mean "like". I mean LOVE like nothing other----live it breathe it!
    romanceparty4u

Comment by romanceparty4u (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I know Girl! I have a friend who started out in Longaberger Baskets way back when they first started. She actually made so much money that she quit her day job. She has been with them all these years and her enthusiasm is still so high, she's an awesome seller! But, she works at it. She does have a big clientele, but baskets are her life, literally. She has them everywhere. She carries them everywhere. She is the ONLY Rep in her town, so most homes in that town are filled with baskets. I absolutely LOVE Longaberger Baskets, but when I tried to bring them to the town I live in now, no one would had even heard of them. They are expensive, but to me, they are beautiful.

It takes everything to sell, even in a regular retail job, but it can be done.

Good luck to all...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If you're the only one in your town with something, you are dang lucky! You really should ask her to sign you up---and you can really market these to people and they'll love you for it!

I am the only Guy and Eva advisor in my town, and there are only 3 in my state----not many at all overall! It's a great opportunity to be the "only one" that has something!! Go for it!!!!
    romanceparty4u

Comment by romanceparty4u (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• So you don't have a real question? You just wanted to lecture people. Nice.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yup....Because I'm tired of seeing how discouraging people are to those who do have real questions.....

romanceparty4u

Comment by romanceparty4u (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Thank you for the lecture, I hope there is someone out there who gets the message.
    I completely agree with you.
    I can be done!
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sorry but statisticly those that join direct sales companies don't make much if ANY money. So lets see some direct selling ladies here put their cards down. Those that are saying they do well....how well is well? Real honest numbers, what are YOU earning in a month?

If you are lucky, MAYBE you can make $20-$100 in a month but thats NO guarantee. Ladies coming here looking for a way to make money need to put food on the table and pay bills NOW and those that reply with their "commericial" aren't geniunly helping they are trying to RECRUIT....they won't say "well no one will show up to most of your parties" or tell you most get cancelled without happening. They won't tell you it takes a good solid work of NOT making profit to start making profit, they just want the recruit under their belt so THEY get money, which does NOT pay the bills for the lades desperate right now.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree with everything EVERYONE has said, a lecture well spoken...Time is DOES TAKE, Money and stuff doesn't fall from the sky, your invest or return on your investment should be worth the time and effort that goes into.

AS for Failure...well Anyone can succeed or fail...but the Negative nancies who come crapping on the threads everyone who is successful or is trying to be successful is EXACTLY why those people run or dont succeed. I agree THANK GOD I DIDN"T liisten. BE COACHABLE= success

As for my monthly I pay 36/month for my full prtection for myself and my whole family, and its UNDER 200.00 to start! I make over a 1,000-5,K a month Directly Deposited to my acct I have always worked 20 hours a week and been a FT SAHM with them...I DO NOT have any products our websites are free, and our team is the largest and easiest to get assistance with, from Associate entry level to the cell phone numbers of the millionaires.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Mom2Jack-
    I don't often do this, but anywhere from 500-1000 a month consistently-since the day I started. I could do more, but I don't have the time or energy for it.

Is it hard--yup
    Are there days I wish I could just chill, but have boxes and boxes of stuff to ship out? Yup
    Is doing my own taxes a pain? Yup

Is it paying bills? yes, because if it weren't I wouldn't waste my time on it. You asked for the cards on the table---there they are. I work 32 hours a week outside the home, and approximately 32 inside the home as well.
    romanceparty4u

Comment by romanceparty4u (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• There are 4 kinds of people in direct sell
    1. those who make things happen
    2. those who watch things happen
    3. those who wonder what happened
    4. those who don't know that anything happened

I knew from the beginning when I started in my direct sell business I wanted to be first on that list.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 8:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010