Who are these people who don't pay taxes?

Im sick of the arguement that Obama will take middle class money and give it to people who don't pay taxes. Correct me if I am wrong, but at some point everyone of us pays taxes. If not through income taxes/payroll taxes, the last time I checked we are taxed on goods and services. Unless these people are living under a rock I believe they pay some form of taxes. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Illegal immigrants most often work "under the table" and don't pay taxes.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Hmm...just realized that they DO buy groceries and other goods and THOSE are taxed so I suppose you DO have a good point!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• popcorn anyone
    Anonymous

• When they cite people who don't pay taxes they mean income tax or payroll tax. They are not talking about sales tax.
    Anonymous

• yes, lots of butter please :)
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• and a soda for me... :)
    Anonymous

• About a third of Americans pay no taxes or if they do they get it all back in April and then some. The top 5 percent pay a huge majority of the taxes already so asking them to pay more is ridiculous. We need to abolish the IRS and go with the fair tax. Everyone should pay their fair share.
    Anonymous

• Federal income taxes is what is being referred to regarding people not paying taxes. These are the taxes that go to the federal government. Sales tax is usually for the state, and varies by state. As does state taxes (some states don't have them).
    Anonymous

• no prob hey want some brownies to ......
    Anonymous

• My husband and I pay 25 percent of our income in taxes then pay an additional 10-15 percent of it on things we buy. It is ridiculous. We are over taxed and the money is not wisely spent. Our government is too big and we need to shrink the social entitlements and slash spending. The lack of personal responsibility in our country is astonishing.

Anonymous