Is it strange...

My mom had pictures of my brother, his girlfriend and their new twins. She also had pictures of his girlfriends son from a previous relationship. I asked if I could have one of those as well as ones of the twins and my brother told me that was weird. I consider her son a part of our family. He is included in everything and will be with us for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't find anything weird about wanting a picture of him. What do you think?

kmath

Asked by kmath at 10:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's great that you consider him to be a part of the family, and it's not weird.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Not strange. Men just don't understand

Answer by admckenzie at 10:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• not weird to include this child

yes weird that he does not want you to have?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It's not that he didn't want me to have it he just didn't understand why I wanted it.
    kmath

Comment by kmath (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i don't think it's weird either. i could see why your brother would think that but he is not being very open minded and considering this child part of the family. my husband treats my daughter as such and his family expects us to give them pics of her.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I find it a little strange that he thinks it's odd of you to want one. Maybe he has some sort of resentment towards the fact that his girlfriend has a child with someone else? Or maybe he was just joking... Who knows! Personally, I think it's great you're including him like that!
    Charmasina

Answer by Charmasina at 10:36 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't know that I would call it weird, but it is disturbing in that it indicates your brother does not seem to understand that all of his children should be loved equally, and that one of them is just as important as each of the others. That is not just true for you as an aunt, but it should be especially true for himself as the father. It would seem that he, moreso than anyone else, would want them to all be equally considered.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:45 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Not strange at all. I think it's very sweet of you to think of the little boy and include him as part of your family. Men are just weird sometimes lol. He'd probably be offended if you DIDN'T ask for one.. Lose/lose situation lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My brother is still realatively young and he does take care of the boy like he is one of his own. They don't have him most of the time and they aren't married yet so I think it just struck him as odd that I would want a pic of him. My bro still has some growing up to do. LOL
    kmath

Comment by kmath (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes i agree he needs a lil more growing up too.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010