Boy Charged With Manslaughter?

This may have been posted but I haven't seen it. I think it's worth thinking about. While we can't know every detail we do know the boy didn't know the girl who was killed. What do you think about him being charged with manslaughter. Is it to harsh, to light?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh wow! I never read about that one. I think that's a bit harsh. He didn't mean to hurt anyone when he did it. He didn't suspect for one second that someone would get hit with that rock. Think of all the things we do as kids that potentially could turn out disasterous and nothing but sheer luck keeps the disaster from happening. That day was not a lucky day for that poor boy and definitely not for the girl. So tragic!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree with slw ...it was very stupid of him to do but I really doubt he would have wanted this to happen..I figure it's bad enough that he will live with this..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• wow..that's a tragic event for all. But why in the world would he think to do that? was he out of his everloving mind? I think there should be consequenses for his actions. I'd hope he didn't intent to hurt anyone or knew that anyone was in the way. If it's involuntary manslaughter then I think it may be appropriate. I don't think he needs to go to prison, or juvenile hall, for a long period of time as I'd think he's pretty torn up about it. But something needs to be done. I hope a reasonable plea deal can be arranged that's acceptible to all parties involves and that the prosecutors don't go overboard.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Wow! I agree with the pp's. Kids..heck even adults do dumb things all the time. I think this is going overboard. Why ruin the kid's life?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Too Harsh,

I don't think it was intentional, it was a very unfortunate accident. Sad to say-He is a kid himself. It should not be manslaughtered, it should be and accidental death.

Sad, I am praying for both families especially him... :(
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• and yet the Bart officer gets only 2 years

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If the kid new that the girl was down there, than yes he should get MS it is sad but he should know that a rock on head can kill.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think that's crazy! It is sad for the girl's family, but not worth taking away so many years of the boy's life. It sounds to me like someone was out for blood with this case.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:01 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It was an accident, he kicked a rock off a cliff...so he is being charged with being a KID...He didn't even know she was there

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• This is so HORRIBLE!!! Yes, he should have known better, but kids are so impulsive, they simply don't think! May God be with all of them, I can't even imagine what these families are going through.
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2010