Anyone have mitral vavle prolapse?

And if you do, what treatments (if any) have you done?

ANGIE613

Asked by ANGIE613 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• i was diagnosed at 21. at 28, i was checked again (ultrasound of the heart) and the doc said he cannot see where the valve is leaking anymore. the only thing i did was before i had any dental work done i'd have to take antibiotics a few days before.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I was diagnosed at 27. I was taking a pill to stop the irregular heart beats. I stopped taking it maybe 1 and a half yrs ago. I may take as needed. I take antibiotics before giving birth and dental appointments. I go once a year to a cardiologist. That's about it.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had it. I was diagnosed at 17 when I was hospitalized for indocarditis. I did nothing for it except a yearly trip to the cardiologist. I also had/have to take antibiotics whe I go to the dentist. Also, I had to tell doctors and other med. personal about the fact that I had mpv and a heart murmur. It was so loud. I ended up having vavle repair surgery when I was 38. The doctor said that if I didn't I would have heart failure. I don't think what happened to me was normal though. I think most people who have mpv lead normal lives with no problems.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 12:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010