Does your child play favorites between you and DH?

Right now my son is favoring DH...he gives him hugs and kisses without prompting and is more drawn to him when we're all together. I think it might be because he's with me all day.

JJsMoMMy519

Asked by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Awww - that is so sweet! My son DEFINITELY favors me, though he does like Daddy quite a bit too. I think it's both because I'm with him all day and because my parenting style is different. DH tries more to push our son to do things on his own... he challenges the little guy more. Dad is interesting and funny - Mom is stable and snuggly. I imagine that "interesting and funny" might start to become appealing when he gets a bit older.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 2:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It always depends on his mood. Dad is way cooler than Mom until there's something wrong and then he's latched to me. Right now, Little's favorite person is a friend of mine who's been over a lot lately.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:04 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Mine are older, but that's when they play this game the most... She'll decide who she's gonna ask for something from... Who would be more likely to give her the answer she wants to hear. Then she'll be all buddy buddy with that one. They will be her most favorite... That's when we know the question is going to come... We wait for it, and then discuss it together... That way we both have a say in what she can and cannot do... But to answer your question... YES she favors one of us over the other... depending on her mood and what she wants to get from it.
    KarenJim

Answer by KarenJim at 11:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2010