WWYD? Husband in kitchen with rat trap..

We had a rat in our tack room it kept ruining bags of horse feed that I had stacked there. So I bought a couple big rat traps. Last nite the big nasty critter was trapped. Hubby disposes of the rat and then brings the trap into my kitchen and starts going into the cabinet to get the peanut butter WITHOUT washing up.
I flipped out and made him wash his hands and then I scrubbed the kitchen down and the front door handle. I didn't yell at him but I did ask him what he was doing and thinking that rats carry nasty germs and he could be exposing the kids to stuff by touching the same cabinets they do without washing up.
Now hubby is mad at me for being upset with him for touching stuff after touching the rat trap and rat!

What would you ladies do if your hubby did that?

Michele975

Asked by Michele975 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• Well, yeah, the trap is covered in whatever germs the rat had. I would buy him his own jar of peanutbutter to keep in the tack room so you don't have that issue again.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I did give him the old jar and told him to keep it in his tool box and I gave him a plastic spoon to use too. I just couldn't believe he was doing that and didn't think it was a big deal!
    Then I had to tell him to wash up again when he was done and had put the trap back in the tack room.. GGGGRRR MEN!
    Michele975

Comment by Michele975 (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Knowing me I would of had the same reaction as you!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• ha...men are so funny....They dont think of such things...I would have told him to take the PB and the spoon and go on...I wouldnt have yelled at him or anything
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 11:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• buying his own peanutbutter sounds about right
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010