Can Satan tamper with your dreams?

Can satan mess with you through dreams. I know God can speak through dreams so is it a possibility that satan can to?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 10:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe in God or Satan, so my answer is as always "no."
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't believe in Satan, but I grew up in a Christian home and going to church with the family and a few different pastors claims that yes he can mess with you through your dreams. That he can cause nightmares and stress and play with your emotions and tempt you that way.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The same as Hades or the Minotaur... its just a mythological character meant to represent our temptations and wrong decisions.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Satan can gain access to your mind, will, and emotions at any point where there is an opening. The good news is that there are ways to chink the cracks!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No, there is no such thing as satan, just as there is no such thing as santa or the easter bunny. No worries!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes
    xanayda

Answer by xanayda at 10:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You have to understand that YOU create your dreams. They do not originate outside of you.....it is your "subconscious mind"....NOT SATAN. Wow.....
    I suggest that you go to the Library and read....start wth "dreams" and then , just about everything else!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes he can... that is why you need to ask for discernment if the dream is from God or Satan or both!

Kerp There are many instances in the bible of God given dreams... Joseph is a well known dreamer and his were not created by him.. but given to him by God. So you are in error on that comment about it being created by ourselves.
    How can I create a dream I have no control over :)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• kerp1960 wow that was just plain out rude. i read and i read the bible and i see how God uses dreams to reveal things you may not believe in what i believe in but you don't have to be so uncivil with your response.

whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2010