Labeled a racist

Why is that if you are white and not voting for Obama you automatically get labeled as a racist? My decision not to vote for him has nothing to do with his race .My decision is based which candidate I feel would best represent what I stand for and believe in .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• This question again? Seriously, use the search feature. This has been asked 5 times a day for the past month. I am sure you can find some answers
    Anonymous

• good for you but some people say that African Americans are voting for Obama just because he is African American and its sad either way
    Anonymous

• If you say

You people

kool aid drinker

or anything negative about Obonga you are a racist.

Apparently you did not get the memo. BTW I am being sarcastic.
    Anonymous

• Can't we put an end to the hate, discord, racism and charges of racism, and all the catty remarks here on CafeMom now that the election is upon us, it's too late to change anyone's mind and can't we make a new start by becoming friends and trying to help each other instead of this destructive and divisive political game?
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:29, You may be sarcastic, but you're also diluted. I assume the word "Obonga" was intentional. Why don't you just call him a monkey.

I'm not saying you are racist: I AM saying that your comment was in bad taste. It was a poor attempt at clever sarcasm that was not thought through.

OP, you're overgeneralizing. Some people may assume you aren't voting for Obama because he is black, and those people are ignorant... but this hardly makes it true for all people. Try to step back and view the whole picture.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Mamalion I honestly don't care what you think of my comment. You are a kool drinking follower so you have no objectivity. Obama has made race an issue and will continue to make it one. I have been called racist for simply stating I am not voting for him. BTW I am black so I guess that would make me a self hating one at that.

Anonymous

• I'm afraid to ask what they call the African Americans who are not going to vote for Mr. Obama?
    Anonymous

• Your only worried about it because you are, If you are really voting for the issues then the comments wouldnt bother you.
    Anonymous

• I can't figure out why everyone keeps labeling Obama as Black. He's bi-racial. But I say he's white. If he has one white parent and one black parent, that is bi-racial. So who's the goobers calling him just black? hehehe btw, i'm white, my bff is black. So am I a racist, too? LOL
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Calling someone who is Republican a racist, instead of just anti-barry is easier and causes alot of white people to just shut up and ignore the situation, or just avoid it all together. It is a very effective tool, but that is just causing the Bradley effect to become more effective.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008