Where did you have your little ones's 1st Birthday Party?

My daughters birthday is in February and when she was born it was in the middle of a blizzard lol I have no clue where to do her first birthday party because our house is not big enough to fit everyone. My DH has a huge family. Any ideas?

BeautyFromPain

Asked by BeautyFromPain at 10:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i had it at my grandma's apartment because she is the only one really not mobile. it was in new jersey because i am in pa and most of my family is in new jersey. it was fantastic. i always thought i wanted this big thing but it was small and intimate and just right. no matter what you do its going to be the right place and right amount of guest. then i went out to dinner with my mom and her it was fun just the girls. she was born on st. patrick's day so it was fun all the green stuff around. good luck. i like the pizza place idea.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We had our DD"s first and second birthday parties at my parents house. Her birthday is in the summertime though, so we have them outside.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• At home.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I understand your delimma all the way around. Small house and Feb birthday. We ended up doing it at my sister's house. She was pleased to host it and we could fit all the family in that we needed.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Buffet, hall...

With my little one I did it at my house. It was kind of packed, but you could have a friends over one day and family another...
    My other 3 kids I had it at home with immediate family, omg they were way too young..Now they want it here and there, so after 4 they will be telling you where they want it, save your money for that. :)
    If you have the money rent a hall, order food, dj, and waaaalllaaaaa..

Happy First Birthday.... The baby won't remember a thing, usually the adults party hardy.... ;)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• At the local library park. It has a lake with ducks and such. I also did his 2nd birthday there haha his third will be somewhere really fun though. My daughters first will be at the same park :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yeah my son has a Sept birthday so we always have his at a park lol I'm thinking maybe a Pizza Place therefore everyone can buy their own food and we can supply the cake and icecream. :)
    BeautyFromPain

Comment by BeautyFromPain (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sometimes churches have large rooms you can use. Somewhere the baby can get down and play would be nice. Maybe chuckecheese? Sometimes a party is too stimulatating for a baby and a small party is best at home.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We started a tradition with out kids their 1st Birthday is going to be "Big" and the rest not so big. I know they won't remember it but I want to celebrate my kids :)
    BeautyFromPain

Comment by BeautyFromPain (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We had it at home, but we only had 10 people.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010